Are you 40 years of age or younger? Looking for a meaningful way to make a real impact in our community? Join United Way of Lee County's Emerging Leaders Society and start changing lives today!
What is the Emerging Leaders Society (ELS)?
The ELS is a United Way affinity group composed of the next generation of leaders who want to make a positive difference in the community.
What is the mission of the ELS?
The ELS will inspire, educate, and empower emerging leaders who are seeking ways to Give, Advocate, and Volunteer.
Who can join the ELS?
The program is designed for leaders 40 and younger (but we're not checking ID's!). Eligibility is based on an annual undesignated gift of $250 (less than $21 per month) or more and a commitment of a minimum of 16 hours of volunteer time within our community. Donations can be made through payroll deduction or in equal monthly payments by bank draft or card.
What are the benefits of joining the ELS?
• New member welcome package including an Emerging Leaders Society T-shirt and pin
• Hands-on volunteer opportunities with community nonprofits and programs, including United Way partner agencies
• Exclusive access to educational programs: nonprofit board learning opportunities, skill-based workshops
• Networking and professional development: Invitations to exclusive Leader Lunch events with UW board members, large donors, partner agency directors, and other community leaders. There will be occasional other networking events as well.
How is ELS making a difference in our community?
ELS is hands-on and fired up! Recently, ELS members have. . .
- Hosted a school supply drive to benefit Lee County Schools
- Hosted a food drive to benefit hungry families in Lee County
- Helped at El Refugio's Festival Latino
- Enjoyed an exclusive group tour of Manufacturing Day sites in Lee County
- Assisted in the Point-in-Time Count conducted by S3 Connect, Lee County's homelessness task force
- Saved lives by participating in a Red Cross blood drive
To join or for more information about Emerging Leaders Society, please contact Katie Southworth at 919-776-5823 or e-mail email@example.com