Information we gather:
- When you visit our website, your IP address and browser information are collected and stored. At no time is your IP address linked with anything that personally identifies the owner of the IP address.
- United Way of Lee County collects personally identifiable data through our websites and online platforms, such as names, addresses, zip/postal codes, e-mail addresses, etc., when submitted by a visitor or provided by a visitor’s employer for the purposes of running an online campaign. For example, personally identifiable information may be collected through our website in order to respond to a stated desire to volunteer time to us or to make a donation online. This information is used solely for the furthering of United Way of Lee County’s mission.
What we do with your information:
- United Way of Lee County will never sell your information. United Way of Lee County will not share, rent, loan, or give your information to third parties unless they are carrying out business activities and functions on our behalf, such as data processing, payment processing, online giving, or other business-support functions. In these cases, the third parties are using the data for the sole business-support function for which it was shared.
- United Way of Lee County is not responsible for, and will not be liable for, the conduct, actions, omissions, or information handling or dissemination practices of third parties. Any information you give over the web is given at your own risk.
United Way of Lee County’s opt-out policy:
- If at any time you would like to discontinue your relationship or part of your relationship with United Way of Lee County, contact us directly at contact (at) leecountyunitedway.org.
Correcting your personal information:
- If at any time you believe the information collected by United Way is incorrect or inappropriate, simply email us at contact (at) leecountyunitedway.org.
- If you have questions or comments about this policy, please contact us at contact (at) leecountyunitedway.org or by mail at:
United Way of Lee County
507 N. Steele St.
Sanford, NC 27330
This policy was adopted by the Board of Directors on February 10, 2020 and amended on September 20, 2022.